2 lbs. chicken breasts (4 medium – you’ll cut later)
14 oz. diced tomato
4 Tbs unsalted butter (divided in half)
1 Lg. onion, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp sea/kosher salt
2 tsp curry powder
½ cup coconut milk or heavy cream
- Melt 2Tbs. butter in instant pot on the sauté function. Add the onion, garlic, and spices and cook until soft and fragrant. (about 5 minutes)
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the tomato mixture, cover and cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Let the Instant Pot naturally release the pressure. (about 10-12 to get up to temp, 10 minutes cook time, and 10 minutes for natural release)
- Remove the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces (about 1 inch but don’t shred).
- Use and immersion blender to blend the tomato mixture. Add the remaining butter and coconut milk (or heavy cream).
- Return the chicken to the sauce and stir to combine.
I serve this over basmati rice with a daikon & cucumber slaw. You can use brown or wild rice (which isn’t really a rice, it’s a grass) or you can try cauliflower rice.
About Melissa Crispell
Melissa Crispell is a Certified Nutrition Specialist, Certified Natural Health Provider, Certified Lifestyle Educator, Certified Wellness Coach, and Certified Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist. Melissa has been published in Living Well, DC Practice Insights and Acupuncture Today. In addition, she has spoken at the Easter Seals Annual Caregiver conference, Functional Medicine Success Summit, American Association for Naturopathic Physicians, and is a member of the Health Studies Collegium speaker’s bureau and National Acupuncture Detoxification Association.
Melissa has served over 9 years as a Clinical Training Specialist for PERQUE Integrative Health, teaching physicians and providers all over the world how to grow their functional medicine practice using medical grade supplements and functional immunology. Melissa’s mission is to empower people of all health statuses to take control of their wellness journey. This includes debunking myths and sharing basic health concepts that are frequently overlooked. Melissa believes that when we have better information, we make better choices.
Did you enjoy this post? We have a weekly Facebook Live that we think you’d love! Like our page here to check it out.