Wheat-free Breakfast Ideas
- Fresh vegetables and fruits make a healthy breakfast or combine your favorite fruits and vegetables into a smoothie.
- Non-wheat cereal such as steel cut oats, rice, corn, barley, rye, millet, amaranth, teff, or buckwheat can be enjoyed. You can have these grains ground or cooked as such to make a fresh creamed cereal. These hot cereals can be eaten thinned with water or milk (cow’s or goat’s milk, rice, coconut, soy, almond, or oat milk).
- Pancakes, waffles, muffins, and crackers can be made using wheat-free flours or baking mixes.
- Organic eggs (or a vegetable omelet) are great with wheat-free toast or almond butter on rice cakes or crackers.
Wheat-free Lunch and Dinner Ideas
- A basic meal of cooked low-carbohydrate vegetables with beans or meat (fish, chicken, turkey, beef, etc.) or grain or root vegetables.
- Bean soups (lentil, black bean, etc.) with cooked vegetables and leafy greens.
- Stir-fried vegetables with meat or tofu.
- Seafood with wheat-free pasta.
- Broiled or poached fish with root vegetables and salad.
- Grain casseroles, such as Indian millet with currants and/or sunflower seeds.
- Wild rice with roasted pecans.
- Bean dishes, such as twice-cooked beans wrapped in corn tortillas, red lentil dal, or vegetarian chili.
- Poultry, such as fresh chicken-vegetable soup or baked, roasted, or stir-fried chicken with vegetables and salad.
- Family favorite comfort foods can be adapted with whole food substitutes. For example, you could substitute French fries with baked white or sweet potato fries. You can create vegetable dips with active-culture yogurt. Puddings and jellos can be made with pure fed-gelatin with fruit juice.
- Japanese rice balls filled with avocado or tuna
- Trail mix with fresh nuts and seeds
- Wheat-free muffins or crackers
- Baked corn or potato chips
- Fresh fruit
- All-natural gelatin sweetened with fruit juice
- Fresh vegetables and bean dip
- Lettuce roll-ups
- Open-face sandwich on rice cakes
Did you enjoy this post? We have a weekly Facebook Live that we think you’d love! Like our page here to check it out!