Ingredients (all organic/biodynamic):
Vegetables/fruit – all roughly chopped
1 medium size onion
1 small butternut squash deseeded
2 medium carrots
4-5 ribs celery stalk
Herbs & Spices
½ cup fresh basil
1 tsp cumin powder
1-2 whole peppercorns
1 bay leaf
½ whole dried cayenne pepper (optional)
Celtic Sea salt to taste
Water (or vegetable stock) for cooking
- In a saucepan, cook all the chopped vegetables and apple in water (or vegetable stock).
- Once half cooked add the whole dried spices so the flavor and aroma of the spices mix well with the vegetables.
- Add all the fresh basil (except for a few leaves) at the very end – after the vegetables are cooked well and just before turning the stove off.
- Blend the cooked vegetables in a high performing blender like a Vitamix® to a smooth consistency, adding water or vegetable stock for desired consistency.
- Transfer back to the saucepan. Adjust final consistency with water or vegetable stock and give a good boil right before serving.
- Garnish with a couple of basil leaves and serve hot.
- Enjoy with your favorite oil – free salad or grain free side.