While genetic factors play an important role in determining bone mass as people age, individual choices can either promote or impede bone health. Controllable factors such as diet and nutrition, physical activity and lifestyle habits like smoking and alcohol consumption are responsible for 10–50 percent of bone mass and structure. Supplementa- tion with the ideal combination of critical nutrients can support bone health.
PERQUE K2/D3 Plus Guard is a novel formulation of Vitamins D3 and K2 with 2-Beta Coxatene®, a Bone Morphogenetic Protein (BMP) complex and herbal blend, that has been shown to build new bone tissue.
WHY YOU NEED PERQUE K2/D3 PLUS GUARD
About 54 million Americans have osteopenia and low bone mass, placing them at increased risk for osteoporosis. Approximately one in two women and up to one in four men age 50 and older will break a bone due to osteoporo- sis. By 2025, it is predicted that osteoporosis will be respon- sible for approximately three million fractures and $25.3 billion in costs annually. PERQUE K2/D3 PLUS GUARD can help keep bones healthy and strong.
CALCIUM, VITAMIN D3 AND VITAMIN K2
The body uses 99% of its calcium to keep bones and teeth strong and to support skeletal structure and function. The other 1% of calcium is used for cell signaling, blood clotting, muscle contraction and nerve function with levels tightly controlled within a very narrow range in the blood and tissues. Calcium regulating hormones affect calcium trans- port in the intestines, bone, and kidney; other nutrients play a role in the functionality and efficacy of calcium in bone health as well.
VITAMIN D3 (Cholecalciferol)
• Improves calcium absorption. Vitamin D3 enhances the absorption of calcium in the intestines.
• Takes calcium from bone. When you don’t consume enough calcium, vitamin D helps to mobilize calcium from your bones into the bloodstream.
• Regulates synthesis of osteocalcin. Certain bone cells (osteo- blasts) make the Gla-protein called osteocalcin, which is responsible for making sure calcium is deposited in bones. The synthesis of osteocalcin by osteoblasts is regulated by vitamin D3.
VITAMIN K2 (MK-7)
The term “vitamin K2 ” actually refers to a collection of more specific forms known as menaquinones. The “MK-7” form is most effective in:
• Stimulating reabsorption of calcium from the kidneys back into the bloodstream.
• Building bone by pulling calcium out of the bloodstream and holding it in the bones.
• Activating the calcium-binding capacity of osteocalcin.
• Protecting blood vessels from calcification.
When it comes to bone building and remodeling, vitamin D and vitamin K2 have complimentary functions; Vitamin D mobilizes calcium out of the bones, and vitamin K2 pulls it back in.
With the help of vitamin K2, calcium is directed to the bones and not allowed to accumulate in other areas e.g., the arteries. You need both Vitamin K2 and vitamin D in adequate amounts for optimal bone health.
Over the last 30 years, many mediators of immune cell function including cytokines, chemokines, and growth factors have been shown to regulate the activity of bone cells (osteoblasts and osteoclasts). Immune cells and cytokines are critically responsible for the changes in bone turnover and bone mass that occur in postmenopausal osteopo-rosis and inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, periodontal disease, or inflammatory bowel disease. Highlighting this connection is the fact that bone loss is often observed in patients suffering from autoimmune diseases (diabetes mellitus and lupus erythematosus), chronic viral infections (HIV) and allergic diseases (asthma).
IMMUNE INDUCTIVE BONE ENHANCER – 2-Beta Coxatene®
PERQUE K2/D3 Plus Guard features 2-Beta Coxatene, a novel Bone Morphogenetic Protein (BMP) complex and herbal blend designed to support the bone-building immune cells and signal stem cells to build new bone tissue. Beta Coxatene contains Cyplexinol®, an osteoinductive protein complex that binds to receptors within the GItract where both osteoinductive and anti-inflammatory activity is generated. It is thisosteogenic property that increases formation of osteoblasts and therefore promotes the growth of new bone tissue, providing the critical surface for minerals to bind to healthy bones.
The herbal blend used in 2-Beta Coxatene features Boswellia serrata. The most potentof the 6 acids in Boswelia is 3-O-Acetyl-11-keto-β-Boswellic acid (AKBA). Its immune- supportive signaling capabilities have been scientifically validated.
Combining the benefits of Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 (soy-free MK7) with osteoinduc- tive 2 Beta Coxatene, PERQUE K2/D3 Plus Guard provides the ideal balance of nutri- ents and support for healthy immune signaling and stem cell activation for new bone tissue formation.
PERQUE K2/D3 Plus Guard can be used in conjunction with PERQUE Bone Guard FortéTM, which contains other important nutrients for maintaining optimal bone health. Add D3 Cell GuardTM if additional D3 is needed to reach the goal value of 50 – 80 ng/mL.
- Office of the Surgeon General (US). Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General.Rockville (MD): Office of the Surgeon General (US); 2004. 6, Determinants of Bone Health. Available from:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK45503/.
- Lanham-New SA. Importance of calcium, vitamin D and vitamin K for osteoporosis prevention andtreatment. Proc Nutr Soc. 2008 May;67(2):163-76.
- Okano T. Gla-containing proteins. Clin Calcium. 2014 Feb; 24(2):241-8.
- Iwamoto J. Vitamin K2 Therapy for Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. Nutrients. 2014;6(5):1971-1980.
- Horowitz MC, Lorenzo J, Bilezikian J, Raisz L, Rodan G 1996 Local regulators of bone: IL-1, TNF, and lympho-toxin, interferon γ, IL-8, IL-10, IL-4, the LIF/IL-6 family and additional cytokines. In: Bilezikian JP, Raisz LG,Rodan GA, eds. Principles of Bone Biology, 2nd ed. San Diego: Academic Press; 961–977.
- Spinks K, Scaffidi JJ. In Vivo Osteoinduction: Evaluating 2-Beta Coxatene as an Immunoinductive Compoundand Novel Ingredient for Joint Support. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2016;15(5):34–44.
- Scaffidi JJ, Vieira KF. Cyplexinol: A Natural BMP Complex with Osteoinductive and Anti- Inflammatory ActivityPromotes De Novo Bone and Joint Tissue Growth. Journal of Stem Cell Research & Therapy. ISSN: 2157-7633.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
®2-Beta Coxatene is a trademark of ZyCal Bioceuticals Healthcare Co., Inc.