Use this step-by-step guide to curate your own delicious smoothie collection.
1. Choose a liquid: water, plant-based milk (oat, cashew, almond, hemp, coconut milks), coconut water or fresh juices.
2. Add powders (pea or hemp protein, spirulina, alfalfa, chia seeds, maca, PERQUE Regularity Guard™)
3. Add fresh ingredients: fruits, veggies, spices, nut butters
4. Blend and enjoy! Blend until smooth – add ice cubes or frozen fruit for “slushie” consistency.
Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
This recipe makes 2 smoothies
1. 16 oz Coconut milk
2. 2 Tbsp My personal “skinny protein” mix: pea protein, hemp protein, moringa, spirulina & alfalfa.
1 Tbsp my personal “forever beautiful” superfood mix: chia seeds, acai, maqui, acerola, maca, blueberries.
3. 2 Scoops PERQUE Regularity Guard™
4. ¼ C fresh blueberries, 1 frozen banana, 1 Tbsp almond butter, ¼ tsp cinnamon
5. Blend for 60 seconds (in my ninja!) and served with mint sprigs from my garden for beauty…because we digest with our eyes first. 😉
All ingredients are certified organic and Non-GMO project verified; plant based; gluten free.
About Melissa Crispell
Melissa Crispell is a Certified Nutrition Specialist, Certified Natural Health Provider, Certified Lifestyle Educator, Certified Wellness Coach, and Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist. That’s just during the work day! The rest of the day is spent as mom, Abuela (Abbie for short), coach, wife, cook, chauffeur, cheerleader, marathoner and triathlete.
Melissa has been published in Living Well (local health magazine), DC Practice Insights (a national magazine to help Chiropractors grow their businesses) and Acupuncture Today. In addition, she has spoken at the, Functional Medicine Success Summit, The Easter Seals Annual Caregiver Conference, and the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. She is a Member of Health Studies Collegium speaker’s bureau, and has given classes for Naturopathic Physicians, Chiropractors, Medical Doctors and other healthcare providers.
Melissa has served almost 9 years as a Clinical Training Specialist for PERQUE Integrative Health, teaching physicians and providers all over the world how to grow their functional medicine practice using medical grade supplements and functional immunology. Melissa’s mission is to empower people of all health statuses to take control of their wellness journey.
Melissa believes that when we have better information we make better choices. This includes debunking myths and sharing basic health concepts that are frequently overlooked. The future of healthcare is definitely self-care and we must take responsibility for our choice
Did you enjoy this post? We have a weekly Facebook Live that we think you’d love! Like our page here to check it out.